AMeliE project main objective is using social networking ICT tools with peer learning and crowdsourcing techniques to train school communities on how to deal with online hate speech. The way to get this objective is: training teachers and representatives of school communities and families; provide advanced media literacy skills; implement AMeliE’s methodology, a tested good practices based on the principle of co-construction of the training path by learners at all levels and lastly create a community with an active grassroots proposals and solutions with constant exchange and sharing.
Intellectual outputs to develop this objective:
- IO1 – Blended Course on Countering Online Hate Speech
- IO2 – Virtual School Network against Online Hate Speech
- IO3 – Policy Recommendations
AMeliE project is divided into 3 phases:
- Project launch phase with a training phase in which 10 trainers will be included in the AMeliE methodology and the development of innovative techniques for training and teaching activities.
- Development of training material and platform, 25 teachers and school community representatives will be involved in the methodology through the online course and the use of the project’s interactive platform.
- Virtual School Network and Programmatic Guidelines will lead the trained teachers to involve at least 5 other colleagues/representatives of each school community.
Expect results of AMeliE project:
- “Best countering hate speech campaign”
- “Monthly kind speech day”
- Local events
- A Manual of Operational Guidelines